A hospital visit is often scary for a child, so we try our best to help our patients and families feel as welcome and comfortable as they would be at home. Donated new toys, books, stuffed animals, craft materials, and other items help comfort and entertain children during their hospital experience.
Our therapists use new donated toys in our hospitals’ numerous playrooms as part of a patient's treatment plan. Donations also make it possible for patients to select a gift following the completion of a procedure or to celebrate a significant event such as a birthday, holiday, or the end of treatment.
Where to start
- View our in-kind donation guidelines.
- Shop online on our Amazon Wish Lists: Oakland | San Francisco
- Download our Wish Lists (PDF): Oakland List | San Francisco List
How to donate
1) Make an online purchase from our Amazon Wish Lists and items will be send directly to the corresponding hospital.
2) To drop off gifts to donate to our Oakland hospital:
Please email Gilmarys Rivera.
To drop off gifts to donate to our San Francisco hospital:
Please email Amanda McGee.
Due to infection control policies, all items must be brand new. If you have gently used items to donate, please consider a donation to the Bambino Thrift Shop, a store whose proceeds go directly to benefit of the children receiving care at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.